Sunday, April 24, 2011
Probably a good move
I recently read an article discussing Carlsbergs decision to re-strategize and move away from the traditionl "Probably the best..." slogan. The brand messages will now emphasize an age old brewing tradition that goes back to its Danish roots. I think in the long-term this is a good move, as in many countries particularly in the UK, Carlsberg is seen as less of a "premium" beer. This is different from market to market, but the UK is an important market and I suppose a move to emphasising quality and substance over whitty one liners in terms of their mareting communications may be a good idea. I for think its a good decision with long-term sustainability in mind. The brand is moving away from ascociating itself with the Footbal supporter wich was its previous target market; it now seems to be aiming its brand at the higher end of the market the premium segment which commands a higher price. However, I will miss the "Probably the best..." ad campaigns and the Irish Football ads but as a marketer I can see that this move may be necessary in an extremely saturated and competitive market environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment