I am the device which now decides in or out at Wimbledon, I was invented by Paul Hawkins and can affect the outcome of sporting events. Any idea who I am?
Hawk-eye of course! I recently read an article which detailed the sale of the Hawk-eye system to electronics giant Sony and wondered would this see the advent of goal line technology in football now that a company with significant resources and “pull” will be applying the pressure on FIFA. Furthermore, I wonder whether this particular market opportunity was on the minds of senior-level management at Sony when signing off on this acquisition. Hawk-eye posted relatively small profits of £1.1 million. But if they were to enter into the global real of football thee profits would increase significantly, my feeling is Sony recognise this are determined to attain first-mover advantage and more importantly recognise they have the weight and leverage to persuade FIFA into a move.
Sean Wiemann
No comments:
Post a Comment